Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My hubby's buddies love this! Just add corn bread and you are done!
Make and share this Sausage and Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In large pan sauté onions and peppers with garlic.
- Add kielbasa and cook until kielbasa is browned.
- Add kidney beans, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce and water.
- Simmer for about 25 minutes or until thick.
This is as easy as can be. I thought it was a lacking a little flavor as is, so added a couple shots of garlic tabasco and a shake or two of cumin and it brightened right up! I also used half the sugar and a bit of molasses. The sweet/sour effect is addicting- thanks for the recipe!
I've made this probably 4 or five times now, it's a pertty good recipe! I prefer it a little more savory, so I do not add the brown sugar, I add an extra 2 cloves of garlic and a few more tablespoons of worcestershire sauce.
i've made this a couple of times and it always comes out right and tastes great - my husband loves this recipe and i used a cornbread recipe off this site (never had cornbread before - we're from Canada!) and added kernel corn to the mix - yummy...