Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
Make and share this Sausage and Bean Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) canslight red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients, except salt and pepper, in slow cooker; cover and cook on high 4-5 hours.
- Discard bay leaf; season to taste with salt and pepper.