1/1 Photo of Sausage and Bean Soup
3 hrs 30 mins
Ms. Ayon's dishes's Note:
A brisk fall or winter evening is just the time for a steaming bowl of this nourishing vegetable soup. Tender little white beans add substance. Polish sausage a bonus of flavor. Accompany this meal-in-one-bowl with rye bread, milk and for dessert, fresh oranges and sugar cookies. Deliciossso!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white beans, rinsed anddrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, medium and finely chopped
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 (49 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 potatoes, medium and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 lb Polish sausage, sliced
- 1Bring beans and water to boiling in a medium sauce pan. Boil briskly for 2 minute then remove from heat. Let stand, covered 1 hours.
- 2In a 5-6 quart kettle melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion, leek, celery and carrots, stirring until onion is soft. Mix in parsley, broth, beans and their liquid potatoes and thyme. Bring to boiling. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until beans are tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
- 3Add sausage slices. Cover and simmer 20 minute.
- 4Taste, and add salt if needed.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (940 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.2
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.7 mg
- Sodium 2265.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 32.5 g