- 1 cup small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 green onion tops, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 49 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 lb Polish sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and beans to a boil for two minutes, remove and let stand for one hour.
- In a 5 to 6 quart kettle, melt butter, cook onions, onion tops, celery and carrots until the onion is soft. Mix in parsley, broth, beans and liquid, potatoes, and thyme. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until beans are tender about 2 1/2 hours.
- Add sausage slice. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.