Recipe by Ozzzie
Sort of like quiche, but without as many eggs. Good comfort food. I use skim milk and low fat cheese with good results.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 sausages
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 (400 g) canmixed beans (eg. kidney, cannelini)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius.
- Brown onions in a fry pan, then add sausages.
- Cook sausages for about 6 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Lightly grease a rectangular baking dish (as for lasagna).
- Slice cooled sausages to desired thickness.
- Place sausage, onion, zucchini, beans and cheese in baking dish.
- Mix in to get even layers.
- Whisk flour and milk until smooth.
- Add eggs and whisk for a minute.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until set.