I just made this recipe tonight and it is grub, either as a delicious one pot meal, topped with a fried egg or over easy egg(which I do with all my fried rice), or combined with something like mac and cheese or vegetables. You can make it healthy using turkey sausage as I did. The pure Euphoria you'll feel from the heat buzz will leave you dazzled. I didn't include the time it takes to cook the rice or sausage in my prep and cook times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook brown rice according to package and let cool.
- 2Cook sausage according to package let cool and cut into thin slices, quarter them if you prefer smaller bits.
- 3Spray large pot with cooking spray and saute minced garlic with jalepenos and onion for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add sliced sausages to pot and stir to mix.
- 5Add chili beans with sauce and cooled rice to pot and stir.
- 6Season with pepper and tabasco sauce (which I use very liberally).
- 7Serve warm with lots of liquids for ya wimps out there.
- 8Cover and heat through until beans are warm.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Bean Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.8
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 1036.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: