Recipe by Robyn's Cookin'
My boyfriend used to whine (like a little girl! LOL) when I said I was making soup for dinner. With filling and super flavorful recipes like this one, he's slowly learning that "soup night" isn't as bad as it sounds! I've also made this on the stove top, but I don't remember how long it needs to simmer for...just until the carrots are done.
- 1 lb reduced-fat Italian sausage (I make my own http -- or /www.recipezaar.com or reduced-fat-italian-sausage-398027)
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 48 ounces chicken broth
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach
- 1⁄4 cup pearl barley (uncooked)
- 1⁄4 cup corn
- 1⁄4 cup peas
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes