Recipe by Kerena
From the Marcy/April Taste of South magazine You may also substitute Monterey Jack cheese per the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk (or half and half)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pie crust, 9-inch deep dish, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss cheese with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk. Add bacon, sausage and cheese mixture, mixing well. Pour egg mixture into unbaked piecrust.
- Bake until eggs are set and a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean, approximately 1 hour.
- Let cool slightly, serve warm.