Recipe by cervantesbrandi
I make many variations of quiche but this is my favorite. Another one I make often is a mix of ham and spinach. Very easy brunch or breakfast each morning on a busy work week.
Top Review by elusiv
I have made this several times with excellent results. The only change I made was to use hot italian sausage mainly because of preference to spicy foods. Excellent recipe. Thank you!
- 1 cup Italian sausage (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup asparagus (cut in bite size pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (diced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs (divided into 2 bowls and beat)
- 1 cup milk (divided in half and put in each bowl of eggs)
- 2 pie crusts (I use Marie Callendar's deep dish)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your oven on 350°F; prick your pie shells on the bottom and place them on a baking sheet. Put the pies in the oven for 10 minutes. Take them out of the oven and set aside.
- Next, melt butter in a small saucepan on medium high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the asparagus and sauté until the asparagus is a bright green color and the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Take the mixture off of the heat and mix in the garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the sausage between the two pie shells, add 1/4 cup of cheese over the sausage. Divide the asparagus mixture in two and place over the cheese.
- Pour each bowl of egg and milk mixture over the pies and top each with remaining cheese.
- Bake on 350°F for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.