Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sweet, savory, and decadent! I used B and B liqueur. Kailua, Bailey's, or Frangelica liqueurs would work just as well. Vanilla flavoring could substitute for the liqueur. A dollop of whipped cream adds a decadent finishing touch.
- 1 French bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 ounce milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 chopped apples
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 (12 ounce) packagebreakfast link sausage
- 1 ounce b and b liqueur
- 3 tablespoons butter
- whipped cream, for garnishing
- Spray nonstick skillet. Beat eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and flour.
- Dip french bread slices into the egg mixture. Place in skillet and brown both sides. Keep toast warm in the oven while the topping is being made.
- Cut sausage into small medallions and brown them in the skillet. Remove the sausage and wipe the pan with a paper towel. Return pan to the stove and melt 3 tablespoons butter. Cook the apples on medium heat until they get translucent. Add the brown sugar. Stir constantly until the sugar melts. Pour in the B and B. Keep stirring. Return the sausage to the pan. Stir until the sausage is coated.
- Spoon onto the French toast. Garnish with whipped cream.
Seeing I have kids, I used vanilla in place of the liqueor, and omitted the whipped cream. A nice start to the day. Very flavorful, and not one complaint on any of the toppings. I will try this again, aka a keeper. This was a nice start to the morning. Made for PRMR Tag.