This recipe came from a local newspaper and I thought it was too interesting not to share.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 4 ounces italian sausage meat, crumbled
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 3 cups bread prepared stuffing
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 3Add onion, carrot, celery and fennel seeds.
- 4Saute until onion is tender and transparent, about 5 minute.
- 5Add sausage and apple.
- 6Saute until meat is cooked, about 3 minute.
- 7Add the stuffing and mix well.
- 8Drizzle in broth and mix well.
- 9Turn off the heat, cover the pan and let sit 10 minute.
- 10Meanwhile, slice the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- 11Use a spoon or melon baller to scrape out the seedy center of each half.
- 12Arrange them on a rimmed baking sheet or in a large shallow baking dish.
- 13Fill each half with the stuffing mixture, packing it well.
- 14Bake until zucchini are tender, about 20 minute.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Apple Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.4
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 770.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 9.1 g