Saunfia Paneer Tikka (Cottage Cheese Squares in Fennel Seed)
- Wash and cut paneer into one and a half inch sized squares of half-inch thickness. Peel, wash and grind ginger and garlic. Wash, remove stalk, halve, deseed and cut capsicums into one and a half inch sized squares. Heat oil in a pan. Add besan and cook until it emits a fragrant aroma, remove from heat and add turmeric powder.
- Cool flour and transfer into a bowl. Add ginger-garlic paste, white pepper powder, salt, lemon juice, green cardamom powder, fennel powder, saffron and fresh cream. Whisk well to make a batter.
- Add paneer cubes to the batter and marinate for at least an hour.
- Thread paneer cubes and caspicum squares onto skewers .
- Roast in a tandoor/charcoal grill for five minutes, basting with melted butter occasionally till the tikkas are golden in colour.
- Alternatively you can cook the tikkas in a convection oven or on a grill.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and cook for three minutes on either side, basting once with butter in between.
- Remove and sprinkle with chaat masala powder and lemon juice. Serve with chutney of your choice.