Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like Sauerkraut, you've got to try this one. My kids who don't like the stuff will eat this dish - the flavor is very unique. Serve it with any kind of pork and mash potatoes - you won't be dissapointed!
- 1 (2 lb) jar sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and chunked
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- Combine all ingredients in a med.
- sauce pan and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- This recipe may be made the day before and re-heated.
this was quite good, and everyone enjoyed it - just not worth the time/effort of peeling/cutting the apples (in my opinion) - i'll stick with taking the sauerkraut out of the can, heating it in the microwave and throwing it on my hot dog
This recipe is FANTASTIC!! If you think you don't care for sauerkraut, try this first. I made it for our holiday table this year and it was a HUGE hit.