- 2 lbs sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy saucepan combine the sauerkraut, the apples, the wine, the broth, the brown sugar, and the caraway seeds and simmer the mixture, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- The sauerkraut may be made 1 day in advance, kept covered and chilled, and reheated.