Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted in response to a thread on the discussion board.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained,rinsed and finely snipped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter or margarine and sugar till light.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and cocoa powder; add.
- to creamed mixture alternately with water, beating after each.
- Stir in sauerkraut.
- Turn into greased and floured 13.
- x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 to 40.
- Cool in pan.
- Frost with Sour Cream-Chocolate Frosting.
- Cut in squares to serve.