Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this from a lady at church who says she got it from a German cookbook. I must admit that when I first heard about it I had my doubts, but that has changed.
- 1 lb sauerkraut
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup mixed pickle, diced (use the jar type)
- 1 onion, finely diced (I prefer red onions)
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- In a salad bowl, combine all the ingredients except the bacon. Taste before you add salt. Fry the bacon until crisp and then add it AND the melted fat to the salad. Toss to blend. Chill and serve cold.