24 hrs 15 mins
This basic recipe came from cooks.com and my sister gave it to me. I have adjusted it to fit my family's tastes. Some of you may not like it, but we all love it. It is easy to make and if you like sauerkraut at all, you will probably like this! The cooking time is the 24 hours in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained well and squeeze out most of the liquid (don't use the canned ones, only jars or the kind in the plastic pouch in the refrigerated section)
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup baby corn, cut in pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced stuffed green olive
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup vinegar, depending on your preference
- 1/4 cup light oil
- 4 -5 cherry tomatoes, cut in half (to garnish)
- 1Drain sauerkraut and squeeze out most of the liquid.
- 2Combine the chopped vegetables with the the well drained sauerkraut.
- 3Mix oil, vinegar, and caraway seed together.
- 4Combine with the sauerkraut and vegetables.
- 5Refrigerate 24 hours.
- 6Garnish with cherry tomatoes cut in half placed cut side down.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut Salad
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 698.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stuffed green olives