Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This basic recipe came from cooks.com and my sister gave it to me. I have adjusted it to fit my family's tastes. Some of you may not like it, but we all love it. It is easy to make and if you like sauerkraut at all, you will probably like this! The cooking time is the 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- 1 (28 ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained well and squeeze out most of the liquid (don't use the canned ones, only jars or the kind in the plastic pouch in the refrigerated section)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup baby corn, cut in pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced stuffed green olive
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup vinegar, depending on your preference
- 1⁄4 cup light oil
- 4 -5 cherry tomatoes, cut in half (to garnish)
- Drain sauerkraut and squeeze out most of the liquid.
- Combine the chopped vegetables with the the well drained sauerkraut.
- Mix oil, vinegar, and caraway seed together.
- Combine with the sauerkraut and vegetables.
- Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes cut in half placed cut side down.