Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is a great salad with grilled meats or BBQ. It will keep for days, refrigerated (if it lasts that long!). I've used Splenda in it and a little less oil. Originally from the R.S.V.P. section from a February 1978 issue of Bon Apetit and comes from Nasr's Restaurant in Omaha, Nebraska.
Top Review by STARTERWIFE
We did this -this week end with all family over for reunion,had 2 other relishes from zaar we did,this one was the favorite,won over everyone,had people asking if there was more( we ran out) thanks for sharing your teriffic recipe.
- 1 (2 lb) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sauerkraut and sugar; let stand 10 minutes. Drain off liquid.
- Combine chopped vegetables in medium bowl.
- Thoroughly mix oil and vinegar; pour over vegetables.
- Add sauerkraut and toss thoroughly.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.