Recipe by Chef Aahzdeen
My friend made this for dinner last night and I fell in love with the tangy sweet flavoring. This is something new for me and it is really good. She got it from Tastes and Tales from Texas.
- 4 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red peppers, chopped or 2 tablespoons pimientos
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Press excess juice from the sauerkraut.
- Add green and red peppers (or use pimento for red color).
- Add onion, celery, and carrots and mix gently.
- Combine vinegar, oil and sugar and pour over vegetable.
- Mix thoroughly and chill for several hours before serving.