Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I couldn't imagine this, but it tastes like a wilted slaw and quite good. I kept going back to the frigerator and taking a fork full. This would be good to take on a picnic.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 quart sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine sugar, vinegar and oil in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer dressing, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- to luke warm.
- Combine sauerkraut, onion, peppers, celery salt, and pepper. Mix well. Pour dressing over sauerkraut mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain before serving.
This was divine...thank you for posting.