Recipe by Manda
Ahh, sauerkraut...one of those things you'd never dreamed you'd grow to like when you were a kid! This is a great, unusual twist on plain old sauerkraut. Fast and easy..great for picnics and barbeques.
Top Review by sandikinhadley
I make my own sauerkraut and I have been making this for years. The recipe I had used more sugar and oil, so I like yours much better. I also add whatever I have that is fresh in the fridge. Grated carrot, radishes, green onion etc. Great recipe and so versatile!
- 1 (1 lb) can sauerkraut, drained but not rinsed
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup cider (I use white) or 1⁄3 cup white vinegar (I use white)