I had this salad at a Labor Day picnic many years ago. I had to leave with the recipe. Trust me even if you don't like sauerkraut you will love this recipe (o.k. like). It's sweet not sour like you would think. It goes great with BBQ. This reminds me of summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the sauerkraut drain and rinse (with water) squeeze excess water out.
- 2Taste as you go the more you rinse and the more you squeeze the more tanginess you lose.
- 3I usually do this 3 times (we like a little tang).
- 4In a large bowl mix sauerkraut, carrots, celery, onion, peppers.
- 5Mix well.
- 6In a bowl whisk together sugar and oil.
- 7Will be grainy looking don't worry.
- 8If to thick add a touch more oil.
- 9Pour over sauerkraut mixture.
- 10Mix well.
- 11Cover and chill 8 hours.
- 12Note prep time does not include chill time.
- 13*You can use as much as you like, any combination works.
- 14You can use hot peppers with the green.
- 15I have a hard time measuring stuff for salads.
- 16I usually chop and dump.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut Salad
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 199.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g