Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very basic sauerkraut recipe can be served with sausages or corned beef. This is my DH recipe.
Make and share this Sauerkraut & Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g sauerkraut
- 1 onion, small, grated
- 1 granny smith apple, cored & grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 potatoes, peel cut in quarters
- 1 cup water
- Place the sauerkraut in a pan. Push the potatoes into the sauerkraut.
- Sprinkle over the onion and apple pepper and dot with butter. Add water.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down heat and simmer gently until potatoes are cooked. About 30-40 minutes Check liquid level making sure it doesn't catch. Serve.