Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 20 mins
A german recipe from an old cookbook I have, in response to a request on the message board.
Make and share this Sauerkraut Pork recipe from Food.com.
- Place in a sauce pan, the sauerkraut, the ale, the brown sugar and the berries.
- Cover and simmer on low for 2 hours.
- Brown the pork steaks in butter or bacon fat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a deep enough baking dish, spread 1/3 of the sauerkraut.
- Place the pork steaks on top and sprinkle with the garlic.
- Cover this with the apples.
- Place another layer of sauerkraut, then a layer of potatoes.
- Top with the remaining sauerkraut and any cooking juices from the meat.
- Bake at 375F for 65 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, mustard, pickles and cold beer.