Recipe by glitter
I hope this is the pie your looking for... I found it once rummaging on the net, but added a little to it.
- 1 puff pie crust
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked sauerkraut, drained dry
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 lb frankfurters or 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb bacon, lightly fried
- par-boiled diced potato (optional)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare your dough.
- Grease a casserole dish, which you line with appro.
- 2/3 of the dough.
- Arrange layers of cooked kraut,& frankfurters, or bacon.
- (you can even add slightly cooked diced potatoes& add).
- Mix together the cream, tomato sauce, and paprika.
- This you pour over the pie filling.
- Roll the remaining dough over and prick with a fork.
- Or if you prefer, you can also cut strips and basket-weave a pattern on top.
- Brush this pastry with the egg yolk then Bake it in the oven at 350* for 1 hr.