1/3 Photos of Sauerkraut - Nourishing Traditions
72 hrs 15 mins
NRG Tribe's Note:
An excellent sauerkraut with amazing health benefits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, mix cabbage with caraway seeds, sea salt and whey (if available).
- 2Pound with a wooden pounder or a meat hammer for about 10 minutes to release juices. You can also use your hands to squeeze the juices out of the cabbage.
- 3Transfer the cabbage and all of the juice in a quart-sized, wide-mouth mason jar and press down firmly with pounder until juices come to the top of the cabbage.
- 4The top of the cabbage should be at least 1 inch below the top of the jar.
- 5Cover tightly and keep at room temperature for about 3 days before transferring to cold storage.
- 6The sauerkraut may be eaten immediately, but it improves with age.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut - Nourishing Traditions
Serving Size: 1 (994 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.3
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7141.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.2 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: