1/2 Photos of Sauerkraut Meatball Appetizers
1 hr 20 mins
My friend Mary, a diehard Packer fan, shared this recipe. It's perfect for tailgate parties, potlucks, or family gatherings. You won't recognize the saurkraut at all. It has a wonderful sweet/sour chunky sauce with just a little kick to it. There are never any leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground round
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce French onion soup mix, package
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce (ketchup based, like Heinz, not the Asian chile sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups water (or use the chili sauce bottle to get all the bits left over)
- 1Mix first four ingredients and shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- 2Place meatballs in a 9 X 13 baking pan.
- 3Pour remaining ingredients in a sauce pan.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Pour sauce over meatballs and bake at 350 F for 1 hour.
- 6Test one meatball (I know this is hard- LOL) to make sure it's done.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut Meatball Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 937.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 35.0 g
- Protein 13.7 g