Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Kraut Cuisine is nice little cookbook put out by the Fremont Kraut Company located in Fremont Ohio. Free for the asking, I think!
- 10 ounces sauerkraut, squeezed dry
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 15 ounces pizza sauce
- 10 ounces prepared pizza crust or 19 ounces boboli Italian bread
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped fine
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450. Saute' sausage with the onion, 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, oregano, basil and garlic. On the pizza crust spread a thin layer of mozzarella and a layer remaining items in this order, pizza sauce,sausage, diced tomatoes and kraut.
- Sprinkle remaining fennel seed over kraut, top with remaining mozzarella and sprinkle with parmeasan. Salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
The diced tomatoes and flavor are similar to Uno's but the kraut puts this over the top! The amount of sausage and cheese could be enough for two pizzas. I used turkey sausage and my pizza was done in 15 minutes. Delicious!