Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love grilled sandwiches from the oven, so I experimented and came up with this yummy concoction.
- 8 slices turkey kielbasa (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 -4 slices swiss cheese (for spicy) or 2 -4 slices monterey jack cheese (for spicy)
- 4 -6 tablespoons sauerkraut (Fresh, jar or canned)
- 3 tablespoons prepared oktoberfest mustard
- 1 bakery-style bun, sliced in half (I use onion buns)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice bun and lay on baking sheet.
- Spread mustard on each half of bun.
- Squeeze juice from sauerkraut and layer on top of mustard.
- Layer cheese slices on top of sauerkraut, so it covers entire area of bun halves.
- Layer 4 slices of kielbasa on each bun half.
- Place in middle rack of oven and cook until cheese is melted and brown at edges.