1/1 Photo of Sauerkraut Hotdish
1 hr 15 mins
I gal I worked with years ago, brought this to a potluck. Such comfort food! And yes, in Minnesota,, we call it Hotdish!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked 5 minutes, and drained
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned sauerkraut, drained
- 1Brown hamburger and onion, salt and pepper, drain. Add soups and milk. Stir.
- 2Cook noodles, partially, about 5 minutes. They will finish cooking during baking time.
- 3Either using a crock-pot(low heat), or a casserole dish, grease with butter, then layer in order, 1/2 of each. Noodles, sauerkraut, hamburger mixture, cheese.
- 5Either cook in crock-pot on low 4 hours, or bake in a 350 oven, for 45 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut Hotdish
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.0
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 170.7 mg
- Sodium 1747.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 41.4 g