I gal I worked with years ago, brought this to a potluck. Such comfort food! And yes, in Minnesota,, we call it Hotdish!!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked 5 minutes, and drained
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned sauerkraut, drained
- Brown hamburger and onion, salt and pepper, drain. Add soups and milk. Stir.
- Cook noodles, partially, about 5 minutes. They will finish cooking during baking time.
- Either using a crock-pot(low heat), or a casserole dish, grease with butter, then layer in order, 1/2 of each. Noodles, sauerkraut, hamburger mixture, cheese.
- Either cook in crock-pot on low 4 hours, or bake in a 350 oven, for 45 minutes, until hot and bubbly.