Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love Saurkraut on Hot Dogs and this is delicous! Its great to have on hand at your next cookout, Superbowl or tailgate party, or just when you feel like grilling some hot dogs or smoked sausages.
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard or 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (may substitute celery seed)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; cook on low heat until heated through. Serve over hot dogs.
I have been making this topping for hotdogs for 3 years my family loves it. This recipe is very versitale I sometimes add more mustard or both dijon and yellow more or less relish based on how I feel its simply great.
I really liked this topping. Wasn't sure about the relish, but it was nice - one less thing to put on the dog! Delicious, even though a bit sweet! Thank you :)