Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Love Sauerkraut? You have to try this! Easy and very good!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 2 cups about 2 handfuls uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Brown beef and onion together; drain fat. Layer half of the beef onion mixture in a 7x11 inch baking dish. Cover with Sauerkraut and top with the remaining meat-onion mixture. Put uncooked noodles on the top. Spread soups over the noodles. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake 30 minute more.
I have this recipe also. It's really good. When baking make sure all noodles are covered by soup and then the noodles should not get crunchy. This is a good dish for potlucks.
Made this for supper tonight. very easy, very tasty, but think the dish should be covered with tinfoil for the first l/2 hour and any noodles remaining on top tend to get hard & crunchy
What a delicious dish! I used 12 oz of noodles so I cut the soup to 1 can of cream of mushroom & 1 can of cream of celery (both 98% fat free) and 1/2 c skim milk. Also, I added toasted French Onions on top. It was excellent!