Recipe by 12345678980123455677889
Don't be afraid! This dip is delicious! Sort of a "spin off" on traditional spinach dip, serve is the same way--in a large hollowed out round loaf with lots of bread for dipping.
- 1 lb bacon (cooked & crumbled)
- 1 large cooking onion (chopped & sauteed)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (40 g) package cream of leek soup (dried, Knorr)
- 2 cups sauerkraut (well drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crispy. Place on paper towel and drain very well. Crumble bacon once fully drained. (Reserve 1 tbsp of bacon fat for cooking onion).
- Chop onion into very small pieces and fry in bacon fat until the pieces begin to brown and become very soft. Cool completely.
- Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise and soup mix.
- Squeeze as much liquid as possible out of the sauerkraut. (You may want to chop the sauerkraut into smaller lengths if it more than an inch long). Stir sauerkraut, bacon and Onion into the dip.
- Chill for at least 2 or 3 hours before serving (to allow all the flavors to come together and the leeks in the soup mix to soften).
- ****Note**** "Cook Time" is actually refrigeration time.