2 hrs 25 mins
Don't be afraid! This dip is delicious! Sort of a "spin off" on traditional spinach dip, serve is the same way--in a large hollowed out round loaf with lots of bread for dipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon until crispy. Place on paper towel and drain very well. Crumble bacon once fully drained. (Reserve 1 tbsp of bacon fat for cooking onion).
- 2Chop onion into very small pieces and fry in bacon fat until the pieces begin to brown and become very soft. Cool completely.
- 3Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise and soup mix.
- 4Squeeze as much liquid as possible out of the sauerkraut. (You may want to chop the sauerkraut into smaller lengths if it more than an inch long). Stir sauerkraut, bacon and Onion into the dip.
- 5Chill for at least 2 or 3 hours before serving (to allow all the flavors to come together and the leeks in the soup mix to soften).
- 6****Note**** "Cook Time" is actually refrigeration time.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.6
- Calories from Fat 687
- Total Fat 76.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.5 mg
- Sodium 1541.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream of leek soup