Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
your friends won't believe it when you tell them the "secret" ingredient be sure to rinse and drain the sauerkraut...I usually squeeze it well and then spread on paper towels to drain..
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed, drained well
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs and the vanilla.
- add all dry ingredients and water.mix well.
- add nuts, chocolate chips and kraut.
- mix and drop by heaping tspful onto greased cookie sheets.
- bake about 12 minutes at 350*.