Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Since it is "KRAUT" month I just had to add this recipe. Oh, by the way, this still can be "comfort" food even with sauerkraut in it.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, salt and cocoa.
- Add dry ingredients and water alternately.
- Blend in kraut and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 375F for 45-50 minutes.
- Top with a powdered sugar glaze.
Definitely getting a workout using sauerkraut recently, & this cake from this recipe was a complete surprise ~ Very, very nice tasting, & that comes from a real chocoholic! Absolutely loved this dessert, & will be making it several times before the end of summer! [Made & reviewed while on tour in Germany with ZWT6]
This is a good recipe! Been around for at least 40 years. I used to tell the kids it was coconut so they would eat it, then they were addicted and requested it. Delicous. Serve with maple nut ice cream!