Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A combination of ground turkey and chicken, saurkraut flavoured.
- 1⁄2 lb ground chicken breast
- 1⁄2 lb ground dark turkey meat
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups sauerkraut, drained and fairly dry, divided
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard (or dejon type)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage, rubbed (optional)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 slices aged cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted and librally spread with mustard (optional)
- Thouroughly mix together, chicken, turkey, egg, 3/4 cup saurkraut, onion, wostershire sauce, mustard, pepper, and sage if using.
- Divide mix into 4 patties. Spray a non stick frypan generously with veggie spray; heat to a sizzle. Add patties, reduce heat to medium, cook for about 3 minutes, 'til well browned and flip, cook another 3 minutes, put lid on frypan and cook another 8 minutes; remove lid and place a slice of cheese on top of each pattie, put lid back on and cook another 5 or 6 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove to plate on top of toasted bottom of roll; place 1/4 cup saurkraut on top of each pattie; top with other half of roll.
- Or alternately leave the roll out and serve with mustard, veggies and potatoes.
I made this for us for supper last night. and also for Derf's cookathon. It was only delicious, as are any of her recipes I have tried. This was so easy to make, my guests were surprised they were so good. My SIL informed me after they ate, that she had to have the recipe! Thanks, Derf, for posting such a simple recipe that uses common every day items.
My husband and daughter love it.