Recipe by Bergy
Even persons that do not like kraut just may like this recipe.
Top Review by Laudee
Ah, another Bergy winner! This is some kind of dish! I followed your directions, and it turned out sooooo good. Served it with Dana's Easy Baked Potato Wedges, #49200, and we had ourselves a feast! Thanks for sharing a delightful recipe. Laudee
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, boneless,skinless breasts
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) jarwine cured sauerkraut, well drained (Bick's is good)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a skillet& brown the breasts on both sides, remove& place in an oven proof dish Add to skillet onion, celery, carrot& garlic.
- cook until tender.
- Stir in the kraut, tomatoe sauce, brown sugar& parsley, mix well.
- Spoon mixture over the chicken and bake 375f, uncovered for apprx 45 minutes.
- Note: You may do ahead up to the final step and just refrigerate, bring casserole dish to room temp before putting in the oven.