Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was found per request. No name was attached.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked curmbled and drained or 1 medium kielbasa, sliced
- 3 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and drained well
- mashed potatoes
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese or 2 cups smoked cheese, of choice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9x13 inch pan or casserole dish.
- Spread 1/2 of the mashed potatoes on the bottom, then half of the sauerkraut.
- Use remaining potatoes on top of the sauerkraut, then the remaining sauerkraut.
- Evenly distribute the pork sausage or keilbassa, sprinkle with pepper and top with the cheese you're using.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
This recipe was great! It combines two of my favorite foods, sauerkraut and kielbasa. I used instant mashed potatoes because I was in a hurry but I think they detracted from the dish. Next time I will use garlic smashed red potatoes instead. Thanks Diana!
Thank You Diana for replying to my request for this recipe. Do not know how you did it so fast. I have sent Hubbys Uncle a copy. Now I had to try it. I must say it is supper easy and a great taste. I sliced up sausage on top. Next time I will use bulk sausage I bought enough for two recipes.
Comfort food!! Yes!! I used smoked porkchops instead of the sausage and put them in between the patatoe/Sauerkaut layers, smeared some mustard on the chops. I nearly didn't put on the cheese but decided to and it made the dish super special. Thanks Di for a great Winter night dinner