Recipe by Dib's
This recipe was found per request. No name was attached.
Top Review by Abbeygurl
This recipe was great! It combines two of my favorite foods, sauerkraut and kielbasa. I used instant mashed potatoes because I was in a hurry but I think they detracted from the dish. Next time I will use garlic smashed red potatoes instead. Thanks Diana!
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked curmbled and drained or 1 medium kielbasa, sliced
- 3 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and drained well
- mashed potatoes
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese or 2 cups smoked cheese, of choice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9x13 inch pan or casserole dish.
- Spread 1/2 of the mashed potatoes on the bottom, then half of the sauerkraut.
- Use remaining potatoes on top of the sauerkraut, then the remaining sauerkraut.
- Evenly distribute the pork sausage or keilbassa, sprinkle with pepper and top with the cheese you're using.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.