- 1 lb Italian sausage, mild, cut in 1-inch slices
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 (27 ounce) can sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- parsley, snipped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is brown and onion is tender, Drain.
- Stir in apples, sauerkraut, water, brown sugar and caraway seed.
- Transfer to a 2 1/2qt baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Garnish with snipped parsley.