1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large potatoes (enough for 1 cup)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2/3 cup cooking oil
- 7 cups flour
- 1Dough: Boil potatoes and mash. Keep lukewarm.
- 2Measure potato water and add water to make 1 1/2 cups. Pour into large bowl. Add yeast; stir to dissolve. Stir in sugar and salt. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3Add potatoes, eggs and oil; mix well.
- 4Blend in 1/2 of flour. Work in remaining flour to make a dough easy to handle. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 5Shape into a ball and put in large bowl. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. (Dough rises in refrigerator). When ready to use, let stand at room temperature 1 or 2 hours.
- 6Filling: Crumble meat into heavy skillet. Cook until it loses red color. Drain off grease.
- 7Add rest of filling ingredients. Cool mixture.
- 8Roll bits of dough to 3 or 4 inch circles. Put heaping tablespoon of meat mixture on dough. Lap over to enclose. Let rise 15 to 20 minutes.
- 9Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- 10Makes about 3 dozen. You can freeze and reheat.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut Burgers IIi
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.6
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 206.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lipton onion mushroom dry soup mix