1/3 Photos of Sauerkraut Bierocks Casserole
I grew up on sauerkraut bierocks but, unfortunately, never learned how to make them from my grandma. I found this recipe on another site and have added some things to make this taste just like the ones she made. (Grandma didn't put cheese in her bierocks but it's a great addition here!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 -3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry or 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent rolls (I use Butter & Garlic)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Brown onion, garlic and ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes.
- 3Add red pepper flakes and continue cooking until the ground beef is fully cooked. (If using fresh cabbage, add here and cook until soft.)
- 4Drain extra fat out of the skillet then stir in drained sauerkraut and Worcestershire. Heat through and set aside.
- 5Press 1 package of crescent roll dough into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 6Spread beef mixture on top and cover with cheese.
- 7Lay second package of crescent roll dough over the top of the beef and cheese mixture.
- 8Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut Bierocks Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.9
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 126.5 mg
- Sodium 973.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 32.4 g