Recipe by yamma
This recipe reads like a novel, but it's worth the work. It can be made ahead and frozen. It only takes seconds to defrost them for serving. My good neighbor gave me the recipe for this great "finger food". Cook time is for each batch.
- 453.59 g sausage (I used low fat)
- 1 finely chopped Spanish onion
- 765.43 g can sauerkraut, drained well and finely chopped in food processor
- 226.79 g container sour cream
- 44.37 ml chopped parsley
- 9.85 ml yellow mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 6.90 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml flour (approximately)
- 236.59 ml dry breadcrumbs (approximately)
- 236.59 ml milk
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage until it's done and crumble up, remove from pan.
- In same pan cook onion until clear.
- Put sausage and onion in a large bowl and add the chopped kraut, sour cream, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Combine ingredients and chill until firm.
- After chilling shape mixture into balls.
- Coat in flour and then dip in milk.
- Roll in dry bread crumbs.
- Fry until golden.
- Cool slightly before serving.