1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Recipe is from Food Network, the Emeril Live show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb idaho potato, peeled, diced and cooked until tender
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 1 cup small diced bavarian ham
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1Using a food ricer, rice the potatoes into a large mixing bowl.
- 2Add the sauerkraut, ham, egg yolks, 1/4 cup of mustard and chopped green onions.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Form the mixture into small balls, about a tablespoon each.
- 6Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 7Place in the freezer and freeze for 30 minutes.
- 8Preheat the fryer.
- 9Season the flour, egg wash, and bread crumbs, with salt and pepper.
- 10Roll each sauerkraut ball in the flour, coating completely.
- 11Dip each in the egg wash, letting the excess drip off.
- 12Finally roll each in the bread crumbs.
- 13Fry the sauerkraut balls in batches until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 14Remove from the fryer and drain on paper towels.
- 15Season with salt.
- 16In small mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of the mustard and sour cream.
- 17Season with salt and pepper.
- 18Mix well.
- 19Serve the sauerkraut balls on a large platter with the mustard dipping sauce. Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut Balls
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 140.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g