Prep1 hr 30 mins
This is a wonderful appetizer that my mother used to make. Even if you are not a lover of sauerkraut you will enjoy these tasty appetizers
- 226.79 g sausage, crumbled or 226.79 g beer, n' brat suasage
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 396.89 g can sauerkraut (squeeze dry and snip fine)
- 9.85 ml breadcrumbs
- 85.04 g package cream cheese (can use low fat kind)
- 9.85 ml parsley
- 4.92 ml prepared mustard
- garlic salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- Cook sausage and onion until meat is brown.
- Add sauerkraut and 2 T bread crumbs to the mixture.
- Combine cream cheese,parsley, mustard, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add to sauerkraut mixture.
- Chill one hour.
- Form into small balls and coat with flour.
- Dip in egg-milk mixture and roll in bread crumbs.
- Fry in deep fat until brown (can be frozen at this point) Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes SERVE HOT.