Recipe by lorelei1959
This is a wonderful appetizer that my mother used to make. Even if you are not a lover of sauerkraut you will enjoy these tasty appetizers
Top Review by Nicole Brummett
My mom also use makes these. They're wonderful and great for any party. These were even served at my wedding. Thanks for posting this recipe, we had lost it over the years. :)
- 8 ounces sausage, crumbled or 8 ounces beer, n' brat suasage
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut (squeeze dry and snip fine)
- 2 teaspoons breadcrumbs
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (can use low fat kind)
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage and onion until meat is brown.
- Add sauerkraut and 2 T bread crumbs to the mixture.
- Combine cream cheese,parsley, mustard, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add to sauerkraut mixture.
- Chill one hour.
- Form into small balls and coat with flour.
- Dip in egg-milk mixture and roll in bread crumbs.
- Fry in deep fat until brown (can be frozen at this point) Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes SERVE HOT.