Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted for ZWT6 Germany leg of tour.
- 3 lbs cabbage, sliced
- 8 ounces thick sliced smoked bacon
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion, sugar and cumin and cook for 2 minutes, being sure it doesn't brown.
- Add the cabbage, salt and pepper, bay leaf, broth and wine. If liquid does not come to top of ingredients, add more liquid, making sure it does not cover them.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Cover the cabbage with bacon and continue cooking for 20 additional minutes.
Yummy cabbage dish! I'm not a fan of onions so used about half the amount. I was surprised about the addition of the cumin but it was good. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for ZWT6, Zwizzle Chicks