1/1 Photo of Sauerkraut and Sausage in the Crock Pot
9 hrs 15 mins
The faculty where DH teaches has frequent potlucks. Lois often brings this tasty dish and it is always well received. It is also an easy work/school week supper that my family enjoys.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, melt butter, saute onions and apples until onions are translucent.
- 2Meanwhile rinse and drain sauerkraut; place in a large crock pot.
- 3Stir ketchup, dill and onion-apple mixture into sauerkraut.
- 4Slice Kielbasa into 2-inch rounds.
- 5Stir Kielbasa into sauerkraut.
- 6Cook on low setting for 7-9 hours. (Cooking time may vary based on the brand and age of your crock pot. I still use an old one that takes 7-9 hours for cooking this recipe.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauerkraut and Sausage in the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.0
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 2513.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 20.8 g