The faculty where DH teaches has frequent potlucks. Lois often brings this tasty dish and it is always well received. It is also an easy work/school week supper that my family enjoys.
- In a skillet, melt butter, saute onions and apples until onions are translucent.
- Meanwhile rinse and drain sauerkraut; place in a large crock pot.
- Stir ketchup, dill and onion-apple mixture into sauerkraut.
- Slice Kielbasa into 2-inch rounds.
- Stir Kielbasa into sauerkraut.
- Cook on low setting for 7-9 hours. (Cooking time may vary based on the brand and age of your crock pot. I still use an old one that takes 7-9 hours for cooking this recipe.).