Recipe by Brigette P.
I've made a few changes from the way mom made this... I remember coming home from school & smelling the sauerkraut cooking. My brother and I would get more excited about the kraut than if we came home to find fresh baked cookies! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. The best thing about this is that it keeps pretty well & is always better the 2nd day.
Top Review by AdventuresinCooking
I cannot believe no one else has reviewed this! This is such a delicious recipe. I have been looking for a slow cooker kielbasa recipe with tomatoes in it in order to recreate a dish I had but was unable to get the recipe for and this was even better! So much flavor and so easy!
- 1 (14 ounce) can Bavarian-style sweet sauerkraut
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup caraway seed
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1-1 . 5-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large crock pot, add all ingredients. It will be difficult to stir at first, but as it cooks down, it will become easier. It's best if it's cooked on low over for at least 8 hours.
- It does well reheated in the microwave and for leftovers for the next few days if you have any :).